Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Should I call him at work before he retires?

I've had a thing for a guy for 13 years. We were always friends and we've kissed a few times, but nothing past that. At one point he said to me, "I have to be careful because I could fall in love with you very easily." I'm not sure why that's a bad thing. He may think that because he's a bit older than me that I'd break his heart. I'm not sure. Our friendship just kind of tapered off but not on bad terms. I guess just kind of life got in the way. If I saw him on the street we'd get along, but we don't hang out anymore. I read in the paper that he is retiring. I did my best to forget his cell number and I was really good at my best, because I can only remember the first 3 numbers. But I know his work number. If I called him, I can dial his extension and it would go straight to his phone. I have this horrible aching fear that he will retire and I will never again see him in my life. I guess I just need closure. I want to say, hey I saw in the paper you are retiring and I wanted to wish you luck as well as congratulate you. If you want, give me a call. (I have no idea what to say, actually.) Anyway, what can I say and is that a totally lame idea?

No comments:

Post a Comment